ihatemyself108
ihatemyself... asks:
Q:

Can anyone help me i self harm and i'm 13 years old?

I just really want help and someone to just hold me in their arms and say everything will be ok
In Topics: Cutting

|

We are so sorry to hear this.  Cutting is a tough habit to break, but also an important one to break because of how unhealthy it is.  We are glad you are reaching out for help regarding this issue.  Good for you!

Everybody cuts for different reasons.  Some people cut because they feel numb and cutting is a way for them to feel something.  Come people cut because they are in emotional pain and cutting is a release from that.  Some people cut because they find the process of mending the wound therapeutic.  But bottom line is that there is no good reason to cut.  What identifying why you cut can do is allow you to think of possible other things you can try to do in order to get the same emotional payoff as cutting without hurting yourself.  Here is a website that gives you 99 things you can do besides cutting, please read through it and see if there are any things that you think you could do other than cutting that can provide you with emotional relief.

http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/DiscoverIt/Articles/Pages/99-Coping-Skills.aspx

Please also consult a therapist.  Cutting can be addictive and with any addiction, therapy will be a very helpful tool in learning how to quit for good.  Also know that anything that cutting enters you mind you can call our hotline instead and speak with a counselor.  We are there to help!

Counselor, Dominic
Boys Town National Hotline-A Resource for Parents and Teens
1-800-448-3000
www.yourlifeyourvoice.org

0
0

nastashap
nastashap writes:
try talking to someone like your parents but if your not convertible to a talking to them talk doctor

1
1
kriyasharma
kriyasharma writes:
you should not let the negative things bring in your mind try to see those people who do have very bad kind of people around them who begs to people eat garbage and the money collected by them  is taken by bad people these  . you try to get ur energy from ur self u see ur self in the mirror n say yes i m the best u will need no one to say everything is ok u just say to urself shouting yes everything is ok i will make everything ok

0
0
Bidiche
Bidiche writes:
Oh poor little girl... Are you alone ? I can't take you in my arms but I send you all my positive feelings for you. Your life begins, so be happy ! Try meeting new persons, smile and forget bad things...
It's easy : write a list of 20 qualities of yours. You can say : I'm VERY beautiful ; I'm VERY clever ; I'm VERY funny and so on... Read it every day tree weeks long, and your brain will print this new reality. It's magic !
Don't critisize darkness if your candle is off !!!

Annn

2
1

I am so sorry to hear that you feel this way. You have taken a great first step by reaching out for help, and I am proud of you for that. However, an online community cannot provide all of the support you need. Here are a few things you can and should do to get the help that you deserve:

-Call a National Suicide Hotline (it's free, confidential, and 24/7): 1-800-DONT-CUT
-Talk to a trusted adult (teacher, counselor, parent, etc.) They will help you find support, and get you to a therapist or trained professional.
-If you ever feel that your life is in immediate danger, call 911 immediately.

My heart goes out to you, and I wish you the very best. Please get help from an adult as soon as possible.

Alex
Community Team

2
0