danajones85
danajones85 asks:
Q:

Am I being to harsh on my 2 year old?

Okay so the other day I brought my son to an outing with my mom and I wanted him to sit and be still and wait for the instructor, well he wanted to run around I can't chase after him, I'm 32 weeks pregnant so I told him to sit and wait, he started crying and moving around I said you need to wait. My mom tries and step in to walk him around but I try not to approve of his behaviour by letting him getting his way or as I would say award his behavior. well she insists on taking him I told her he is fine and he will calm down.. well she keeps trying to grab him and he starts getting really mad and throws up on me and himself so I grabbed him left. my mom is saying I'm treating him like he is 5 but I feel that is how I should raise my child. do you think that was harsh?
(sorry for the poor grammar and miss spelled words)

|

staceyater
staceyater writes:
Although it can be very difficult for a 2 year old to sit still its not impossible. Just be sure to always have something on hand to keep him occupied (coloring books, cars, age appropriate legos, etc.). Your mom is only making matters worse by not allowing you to parent. Be consistent  and you'll get through to him soon enough. You don't want to have to be chasing an unruly 2 year old around when the new baby comes so the sooner you tame him the better. Good luck.

0
0