dgraab , Parent asks:
Q:

What healthy items does the Easter Bunny put in your child's Easter basket?

I'm encouraging our Easter Bunny to include healthy items in this year's Easter basket. Which 'kids-will-love-it' items would you suggest?
In Topics: My child's growth and development, Physical Health, Family fun / holiday celebrations

|
EyreAffair

Best Answer!

I just created a basket for our 18 month old with almost no candy at all (although i suppose we'll throw a few m&ms in one of his plastic eggs):
a plastic egg with pennies inside (to put in his piggy bank, one of his favorite activities :-)
play-doh
a punch ball balloon
sidewalk chalk
a duplo lego set with 4 pieces
a superball
a windup toy
CVS, Target, and the dollar store are all great places to go for this kind of little stuff!

5
0

laurenf
laurenf writes:
My parents were never too keen to the idea of loading us up with sugar. As we got older the candy morphed into items, such as a book or basketball. They tried to avoid candy and movies since those weren't as healthy as sports equipment to get us outside and books which required us to actively engage them rather than sitting in front of the TV.

3
0
MrsReading
MrsReading , Child Professional, Teacher, Parent writes:
A battery powered toothbrush. A music CD, kids (especially boys) love the song, "Little Bunny Foo Foo". Popsicle containers for them to make juice pops with. A jump rope, whiffle ball & bat, and hula hoop. A special bedtime book for you to read to your child.

3
0
I include the candy (a few pieces inside plastic eggs that the bunny hides along with our dyed eggs).  But I also put little "prizes" like mini-slinkies, hot wheels cars, and stickers in some of the plastic eggs.  They're always more excited by those things than the candy.  I let them eat a few pieces of candy on Easter day and then it kind of dissapears in the dark of night and they never say anything about it.  

Happy Easter!

2
0
I made decorative Easter buckets for my niece and nephew this weekend (http://www.education.com/activity/article/easter-bucket/  ), and included these items...

>Pencils, erasers and notepads
>Stickers and balloon-filled plastic eggs
>Hand-held, non-electronic puzzles (glittery Rubik's cube; wooden peg basketball game, etc.)
>Sugar-free chewing gum
>Money
>Animal trading cards
>Growing pet novelty eggs (add to water, watch it grow)
And a few pieces of chocolate candy sprinkled throughout. We also used shredded green paper (vs. plastic) for the grass.

Thanks for your ideas too!

0
0
education.com writes:
This answer was shared with Education.com via @JustAskEdu profile on Twitter...

from Jovita @baddydoodle
"We had our Easter picnic with the typical egg hunt, [however] children were looking for carrots, celery, and broccoli. Then children ate up."

0
0
Livescore99
Livescore99 writes:
hi.....With childhood obesity on the rise, it's a smart idea to stock your kids' Easter baskets with healthy and fun alternatives to chocolate and candy. Follow these steps to create an Easter basket your children will love so much that they won't even miss the sweets.
http://www.bigreddecorativeconcrete.com

0
0
Anonymous