AusFam
AusFam asks:
Q:

Have you heard about the exciting musical group THE POLKADOTS?

Hi there
I was on holiday in NZ over christmas and a family member of mine told me about  the POLKADOTS. I went along to see their super concert and was blown away. My three children aged 4,2 and 1 absolutely loved it. I was able to get a copy of their latest dvd and cd, TechnoTour but was disappointed to realise that no one here in Australia had even heard of them. I think they're great!
I went to their website, www.polkadots.co.nz and copied this explanation of who they are etc:

"What happens when four young mothers, with a passion for singing and dancing, want to make learning for their preschoolers a really fun but constructive experience? They might go looking everywhere for resources or, in the case of The Polkadots, they’ll start writing their own songs, creating their own choreography, writing their own books and designing lesson plans . . . until, one day, the Polkadots Learning Program and music becomes a reality andThe Polkadots become favourite entertainers for young children!"

They're on itunes and youtube and we just think they're fantastic!

Please NB: I'm not affiliated with the group at all, just spreading the word because I think they're message is wonderful and we LOVE their music
In Topics: Creative arts

|
Hi AusFam,

No, I had not heard of the Polkadots.  Thank you for sharing.  I went on You Tube and was unable to find anything, so I used your link to their website and checked it out with my kids.  They are 5 & 8 and didn't like it, but I appreciate your sharing this with us and think that younger kids would really enjoy their music.

0
0
NatalieShaw
NatalieShaw writes:
Hi there
I too had a little trouble finding them on youtube. It helped when I put in "The Polkadots" and "The polkadots NZ."
My kids are under 5 and they enjoyed it but have to agree, the youngest two got into it a lot more than my eldest :) Wonderful to teach babies about music though- Easy lyrics and beat to get into

0
0