lkjones1058
lkjones1058 asks:
Q:

How can I help my toddler to begin speaking?

My granddaughter was born at 26 weeks old and only weighed 1.6 pounds.  She survived and is now 2 1/2 years old.  She is bright in all aspects, but will not say words.  She responds well and does learning activities.  You can say a word to her and she watches your mouth but then giggles and will not repeat what you say.  My son and daughter are fearful of doctors and do not want to take her.  Any help I can get will e greatly appreciated.
In Topics: Speech and language issues

|

KidAngel
KidAngel writes:
Hi Grandma!
Please read this website fully:http://www.preemieparenting.com/complications/speechdelays/pp149.htm
and then also Google: "Baby sign language". I believe these sites will offer new perspectives to your existing concern. It will be OK, Grandma. Patience and research. The answers are out there. Thank you for investing in the well being of your granddaughter. What a lucky girl!

Barbara Antinoro
Educational Counselor
Kid Angel Foundation
Education. com Team

0
0