How to get my high school diploma after dropping out in 1984?

"I'm adult that drop out back in 1984, and I have been trying to git my high school deploma now but just can't seem to git any ware."

Asked by Randy in commenting on the activity, "Write an Art-Inspired Poem":
In Topics: Back to school
> 60 days ago


Answers (1)

Elliesmom writes:
I did the same thing - dropped out my junior year and then in my 20's realized I wanted that diploma.  I'm in Iowa and what I needed to do was sign up for a GED class through our local community college.  The college requested my records from my old school and then I studied core subjects in classes they offered.  I took the test and passed with no problem.   A GED is every bit as valuable and worthwhile as if you'd received it in 1984.  Hope this helps.  Good luck and don't give up!
> 60 days ago

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely