glittergirl... asks:

What do I do when the high school refused my 14 year old to attend their school?

My daughter got into trouble last year at a different school, different district, this year the high school she should be allowed to attend will not let her attend. The high school she got into trouble at would take her but we don't live there anymore. why can this new school discriminate?
In Topics: Choosing a school, Back to school
> 60 days ago



Sep 18, 2010
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

This is a difficult questions to answer since I don't have all the details.  

I would contact your school district's school board for where you are presently living.  Ask to speak to the person in charge of school boundaries.  Explain the situation to them (I would mention that your daughter got into trouble last year right away.)  Based on your address, that person should tell you where your daughter should be going.  Double check with this person that you have all the proper paper work needed for enrollment.  If it is at the school you tried to register her, explain that you already tried there and they turned her down.  Ask her what your next step should be.

Hope this helps.

Barb K

Did you find this answer useful?

Additional Answers (1)

Marebear , Student writes:
I would contact the school and ask why your daughter isn't allowed to attend. The reason might be because of the trouble she got into the year before. I would still contact the school.
> 60 days ago

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely