glittergirl1317
glittergirl... asks:
Q:

What do I do when the high school refused my 14 year old to attend their school?

My daughter got into trouble last year at a different school, different district, this year the high school she should be allowed to attend will not let her attend. The high school she got into trouble at would take her but we don't live there anymore. why can this new school discriminate?
In Topics: Choosing a school, Back to school

|

This is a difficult questions to answer since I don't have all the details.  

I would contact your school district's school board for where you are presently living.  Ask to speak to the person in charge of school boundaries.  Explain the situation to them (I would mention that your daughter got into trouble last year right away.)  Based on your address, that person should tell you where your daughter should be going.  Double check with this person that you have all the proper paper work needed for enrollment.  If it is at the school you tried to register her, explain that you already tried there and they turned her down.  Ask her what your next step should be.

Hope this helps.

Barb K
www.lessonpop.com

1
0

Marebear
Marebear , Student writes:
I would contact the school and ask why your daughter isn't allowed to attend. The reason might be because of the trouble she got into the year before. I would still contact the school.

2
0