kwailing
kwailing asks:
Q:

About High School

I would like to know my son is going to 18 years old this August, can he still get an education in high school?

|
Cansas
Cansas writes:
Public schools, to my understanding, are required to provide education until a student reaches the age of 21.

0
0
Hi Kwailing,

This is a good question, but we need just a little more information to provide you with a correct answer.  

What grade is your son currently in?  I am wondering when I read this, and you mention that his birthday is in August, was he unable to begin due to cut off dates, and will be entering in the 12 th grade?  If that is the case, then yes, he will be able to continue.

If he will complete 12 th grade this year, then no, he can not continue a high school education.

If he has failed prior grade levels, then yes, he can continue to receive his education and may want to check into some of the Summer School programs to complete work to achieve a diploma without actually re-entering for another complete school year.

Please provide us with all information, so that we may better help you.

1
0
Pamela Dominguez
It depends on your state. In california, my son could attend until 19. Most community colleges provide adult education. GED classes to help him pass the test. If he has special needs;it may be longer.

0
0