Beezie
Beezie asks:
Q:

Why is it that no high schools in my area are going on spring break?

In Topics: Family vacations

|

Wow!  No Spring Break?  We normally have Spring Break beginning Good Friday and take the week after, however; this time we started on the 18th and will return the day after Easter.

I suppose that there could be several reasons that your school district is not taking a Spring Break, but I believe the most common possible reason would because of lost days due to increment weather-snow, ice.  We were told that if we were unable to make up lost days that we would loose at least part of our break.  Fortunately, we were able to make up these days (meant attending school on Saturdays) but it saved Spring Break.  

Other possible reasons, may be that 1)they didn't schedule a break in the calendar year, 2) observing other holidays instead or 3) scheduling an alternative spring break, maybe a vacation at another time besides of the Easter holiday.  I know that the school district neighboring to me (different state) observed an alternative spring break in early March and are not going to take a break now. 4) Earlier last day or later start up date for upcoming year.  

Either way, to know for certain, you would have to check in your area, school or school district but hopefully, you will observe Good Friday and Easter Monday and at least get a long weekend.

Best wishes & Happy Easter!

0
0