family7
family7 asks:
Q:

Looking for someone to homeschool my Daughter.

She is 15. Currently at the end of this school yr received 3 C's and the rest failing grades.  She suffers from Bipolar, ADHD, and Anxiety. Which makes classroom experience impossible for her. She is withdrawn in large groups.  I am financialy unable to not work and home school at the same time. But am willing to get the best help I can and participate the best wau possible.  She has just finished this yr. of school and is already stressing about next yr. She loves to read. And loves world history.  Any help out there for us?
In Topics: Learning styles and differences, Homeschooling, Helping my child with school work and home work

|
CBrimmer
CBrimmer writes:
If she is 15 then she may be able to do a lot of the homeschooling work by herself. You would need to go over the topic with her broad form and then let her work on the detail oriented things (more of a Montessori layout) this presumes of course that she is interested and will delve into it herself. The hardest part will be making sure that she has resources to explore the work, whether it be books, films, activities, etc. Have her use maps to recreate famous battles (I like using RISK pieces or even Stratego pieces to illustrate the different regiments) have her read time period authors and explain how they changed the way history happened (think Sun Tzu and Machiavelli) history is a topic that has unlimited possibilities with projects and can definitely broaden the mind.

0
0
ElaineSigal
ElaineSigal writes:
Have you thought about the online way to learn?  She could have different teachers for different subjects and they would all work together to be sure that she has a fantastic education experience.  You want to stay away from webinar courses where she has no immediate feedback.  You also want to be sure that the person (people) working with her are experienced in dealing with issues of her type.

0
0
Anonymous