Anonymous
Q:

How do I go about homeschooling my mild austitic son?

I've been thinking about homeschooling my son he's mildly autistic and I'am concerned about him getting bullied in jr high that's why I wan't to homeschool.I would like to know who do I talk to to get the best information to do this.I live in the Fontana School District area,thanks.
In Topics: Homeschooling, Autism & Aspergers Syndrome

|
baberry
baberry writes:
You have several options: You can do it on you own or you can go with a charter school.  We homeschool my daughter through River Springs Charter. You are giving funds and you have a certified teacher who will help keep you on track. The charter school is public school, but you are afforded more freedom in curriculum and are able to do it at home.

I would also contact Fontana School District( just google it) to see if they offer a distant learning program.  Best of luck to you.

2
0
Ashley.Lowe
Ashley.Lowe writes:
I suggest the Phillip Roy Academy. I am currently using the pre-k program with my daughter and it's wonderful. She's only 3, so we haven't gotten to the academics yet. I would definitely suggest it as at least an option. It's affordable and online, which I'm sure would appeal to him, just like it does my daughter. It can also be gotten hard copy, too. Take a look and I hope this helps.

1
1