MaineJenn
MaineJenn asks:
Q:

Is Hooked on Phonics worth the price?? Is there anything else out there just as good ??

In Topics: Helping my child with reading

|

radz
radz writes:
I used it 25 years ago and it did work and was worth the price. I do not know how much it costs but I do like the program. Follow it with fidelity (do what you are supose to do-do not deviate), do it everyday and be part of it with your child. Children do better when parents actively take an interest. Besides, phonics is part of the curriculum in most schools at this time anyway. Aside from learning the letter names, sounds, blends, diagraphs, etc in the program you will need to have your child work on practicing sight words. Automoticity with these words build flfuency which leads to comprehension. There are various lists on the internet, totalling 1000 most commonly used words and short sight word phrases. I have used these sight word lists for years and along with a solid phonics program, your child will be a successful reader. Happy learning and reading.

0
0