aqblickley asks:
Q:

Do humidifiers help colds?

I've often heard that humidifiers help relieve cold symptoms, but I've never actually tried them. Recently, I read an article that said that there is no clear evidence that humidifiers actually work for this purpose.

Anyone have more information? Has anyone found humidifiers to be a big help for colds?
In Topics: Physical Health, Medical problems

|

Humidifiers can make you comfortable, but there is no clear evidence they are useful in disease.  Cold humidifiers may grow mold if not maintained weekly and hot air humidifiers (steam) can burn children and rarely last the night.  Increased humidity is helpful with children who have croup or adults with sinus congestion.

0
0

Dr.Monika , Child Professional writes:
Humidifiers do not relieve cold symptoms.  

The best treatment for colds includes the following:

1. Chicken soup - research indicates that it works like Mucinex.  It thins out mucus, helps with nasal congestion, and stimulates the immune system.
2. Saline nasal spray - salty water soothes nasal membranes and relieves nasal congestion.
3. Avoidance of dairy products - they thicken phlegm that worsens coughs.
4. Honey - it suppresses cough better than cough suppressants and is safe for children over the age of 1 year.

0
1
thequestioneer
thequestion... writes:
they accually loosen the all the stuff in throat or nose and makes it easier to blow or cough out.

1
0
vijay43
vijay43 writes:
good as well to all units like android, iOS and Glass windows. http://kodiforiphone.com If you will be on share iOS and don’t need to jailbreak nice.

0
0
john18967
john18967 writes:
I'm updating my review after using this for a while. The tank is compact, so I can fill it from my bathroom faucet with no issues. This has a mist control option, most humidifiers usually only have one mist setting so I like being able to control how much moisture goes into the air depending on the weather and if I have my heater on - the bad thing is the this control stopped working after a short period of time and there is no difference between the low setting or high setting. In the listing it states 15+ hours of usage but so far the longest it's lasted on the low settling is 9 hours (I've contacted the seller inquiring about this).

You can choose from 7 different color lights or you can have it automatically rotate between the colors. The light has its own power button, so you could turn on the light without having to turn on the humidifier.

Another huge thing to note is in the listing, they don't advertise that there is an aroma diffuser. There is a little tray on the bottom right side of the unit where you can add essential oils to the sponge & it will disperse the scent. It's not a true oil diffuser since the oil isn't really being diffused with the water and the scent isn't as strong as a true oil diffuser. I see this as a bonus feature since this is a humidifier & not a diffuser.I was provided a discounted price in exchange for my honest review. The main issues are the discrepancy in the listing - it definitely does not last 15 hours - it lasts 9 hours at most. They claim to have a lifetime warranty but when I email support@purasense.com to tell them about the mist control defect and the time discrepancy I never received a response. I ended up just returning it to Amazon since the sellers never got back to me. I hope this review was helpful to you.

0
0