lilmya
lilmya asks:
Q:

Iam doing a science project on viscosity. I made my own viscometer and data chart but my teacher said he would like me to show the stickiness.  How?

Is there a mathematical equation to do this?  I am using vegetable oil, maple syrub, and water.  My results will be compared to the water.  I will be doing this with it being cold and warmed.  I am stumped on how to show its stickiness.  Does anybody know how I can do this?  My results will be graphed and the flow rate will be measured by an equation.  I just can't fiqure out how to show the stickiness.
In Topics: Science fair

|

greenprof2

Well, it would seem to me that you need to create a stickiness scale. Think of the Beaufort Wind Scale. Somebody just made that up. You can too. Let's say your name is Jeff Dooly. We can name it the Dooly Stickiness Scale. I suggest a scale of 0-ten. Set it up with your viscometer so you can judge between the values. Then you will have data to graph.

Michael Bentley, Expert Panelist
1
0