Karenmom asks:
Q:

Any ideas for Teacher Appreciation Week (May 2nd-May 6th)?

Member Added on May 6, 2011
Update:  My daughter had found a beautiful hanging basket of flowers that she wanted to give to her teacher, so we got the flowers and a nice card.  BUT, I fell in love with the flower pot pen bouquet and we made those for Grandma and Nana for Mother's Day.  They turned out so nice that we are going to make another for ourselves to leave in the "classroom" at home.  Thank you all so much for your wonderful ideas and especially for the suggestions that were right here on education.com.  I feel that we will be making more of those ideas in the future.  :-)
In Topics: Friendships and peer relationships

|

Best Answer!

Hi Karenmom,

Check out this special edition for Teacher Appreciation Week (in the Resources section below). We compiled it to get all of the ideas on Education.com for Teacher Appreciation Week together in one place. I hope it helps!

From my perspective, I think homemade gifts that come from the heart mean a lot more than most things that are store-bought. There's a whole section of "Kid-Made Gifts" that you might find interesting. I especially love the Paper Mache Apple and Flower Pot Pen Bouquet!

Let us know what you end up going with.

Thanks for asking!

Alex
1
0

TamlaHughes
TamlaHughes writes:
I'm a teacher and I've received those nice pen and post-it sets from principals for years now. For my son's teacher, I'm sending a basket with a small gift on day 1 and sending another gift each day. By the end of the week, she'll have a basket of goodies just for her. I sent her a questionnaire to complete so I'd know just what she likes. Hope this helps.

2
0
Louiseasl , Child Professional writes:

I always gave my children's teachers gift cards to stores which specialized in classroom products AND something more unique to the teacher- such as giftcard to a local coffee shop, etc.

1
0