laneandemily asks:

I'm 17 I'll be 18 in March. I live with my boyfriend and I'm pregnant. Can I just drop out of high school and get my GED with my mother's consent?

I need money so therefore I need a job and I can't work and be pregnant and worry about school so is it possible that I could just get out and take the GED test?
In Topics: Teen issues
> 60 days ago



Boys Town National Hotline
May 29, 2013
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

If you want to drop out of high school you will need to check with your local school district office since ages vary by state. In many states once you turn sixteen years old you have the legal right to stop. Whatever you choose to do, getting a GED will be an important step in keeping you on track with your education and future job prospects. Each state has its own requirements for taking the GED. You can find out your state's individual requirements on your state's official website.

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely