jack0ff247 asks:

im 17 yrs old just moved from virginia beach am not register in any philadelphia school can i just take my GED instead of enrolling in school

In Topics: Choosing a school, GED programs, Special needs
> 60 days ago



Jan 18, 2010
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

Hello and thank you for finding us here on JustAsk!  

 Please contact the local public high school that is nearest to where you are living.  They should be able to make for you an appointment with their school personnel who can help guide you to making the best decision for you.  Also, if you need other assistance, such as job training, the school district may be able to offer you help with this as well (or at least point you in the right direction). Sometimes, college credit can be applied to graduation requirements from high school (say if you attended a local community college).   A GED is sometimes a good choice, but try and weigh all the facts and pros/cons of each of the possible options available to you .

Good luck and I hope that either way you "finish" school.

Louise Masin Sattler, NCSP
Nationally Certified School Psychologist

Did you find this answer useful?

Additional Answers (1)

yourbabygirl writes:
i think so but if i were you i would check into it
> 60 days ago

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend Education.com to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely