sassynv1
sassynv1 asks:
Q:

I'm 33 yrs old with four kids and married. I want to go back to school. What are my options?

i need to know what are my options for me to back to school i've done some research about online schooling but my husbands concern is how to pay for it
In Topics: Back to school, Financial planning for college

|

I'm sure you will get as many different opinions as the number of people you ask.  However, I think it boils down to what you believe.  What is best for you and your family?  

You can get opinions and thoughts about the topic, because they might have a different view point or mention something you haven't thought about.  However, it is a much bigger conversation with your family.  Discuss why you want to go back to school.  Ask them how they would feel if you weren't as available to them all the time because you had to go to class or study.  

If you haven't already, make a list of pros and cons.  Be honest.  Sometimes it can be difficult to acknowledge what we really don't want to.

Follow your gut.  If you examine all sides of going back to school, you will make the right decision.  And just because you make a decision, doesn't mean you can't change your mind.  So if you start taking classes and it just becomes too much, then put it on hold until your children are older.

Hope this gives you some food for thought.

3
0

vzart
vzart writes:
It would all depend on where you live, what you want to major in, and if you live near a college. I am 31 with 4 kids, one being every other weekend and I just completed an associate degree. I lived near a technical college and completed a couple of courses during the day, did evening and online classes to fit my schedule to complete my degree. No matter if you decide to do online college or attend a college, its all the same and gets funded and you can also take out school loans if needed for your Online school if you don't get enough grants and so forth! Good Luck!

2
0
nend
nend writes:
Have you considered going to school online?

At this point in your life, it sounds like it'd be the most viable option for you.  The most important think to consider when thinking about attending an online institution is accreditation.  There are lots of schools out there that don't have the right accreditation to get you the job you want.

Have you looked into American Public University? You can use grants and financial aid, your books are provided, and the tuition is significantly more affordable than other online institutions.  APU is both nationally and regionally accredited, so your credits will transfer and your degree will be accepted by both employers AND other schools, should you ever decide to go elsewhere.

Please feel free to contact me if you need guidance or have any questions at all, I'd be thrilled to help!

Best of luck!
Nicole

1
1
HeatherPeterson124
HeatherPete... writes:
Nowadays, there are lots of ways to finish your college degree. And the most efficient and accessible way is to study via online education. Online courses offer flexibility and convenience that are often vital to students who work and have families. Good Luck!

0
0
Anonymous