vertise
vertise asks:
Q:

im trying to find out if my child's teacher is a certified teacher or a substitute. she is always out their class has had over 25 substitutes ?

In Topics: Working with my child's teacher(s)

|

Lonnie K. Chin

Hello Vertise!
     How unfortunate that your child has missed over a month of instruction from her regular teacher.  All you have to do to find out if the teacher is certified or not is to ask the principal of the school.  More importantly, ask the principal about how s/he will ensure that the children in that classroom will get a quality education with so many different substitutes.  Contact the Superintendent of the school district if you can't be assured that your child is getting continuity of services for a decent education.  Substitutes who are qualified can provide a good education, but 25 different substitutes seems excessive and unacceptable.  In the meantime, get the school to provide any compensatory services if necessary, and do provide whatever extra enrichment you can manage at home.  Use the library and other community resources for extra educational enhancement too.   Good luck!   I hope things improve quickly.

0
0

CampbellsMama
CampbellsMama writes:
You should be able to google it and find out.
I know in Texas, where i teach, that is public information. You can see what they are certified in, if there has ever been any kind of sanctions put against their certifications, and how long they've been certified. Plus when it expires.
Link below takes you to Texas's Education Agency. Get your child's teacher name from their schedule - that is usually listed exactly as it is on their certification.

0
0