atimary
atimary asks:
Q:

I need to know why when Im told to turn left or right I have to look at my two hands to figure out which side it is.

In Topics: Learning disabilities

|
HelpfulBritt
HelpfulBritt writes:
This is very common as a child.

0
0
raymondp
raymondp writes:
I have always wondered the same thing about myself.  Luckily, I have a joint in my left hand little finger that clicks when flexed.  It is the only way that I can ever be sure of left and right.  I have always been in awe of people who just seem to "know" left from right.  I wonder if this is simply an innate sense of rightness and leftness  or if they also are relying on an externally cue as I do, but process this cue so quickly as to be subconscious. I am exceptionally intelligent, have great verbal and written language skills, good motor skills, but I have had a life long struggle with dyscalculia (inability to do math and remember numbers) and also, as a child, dyslexia.  I triumphed over my dyslexia through hard work and practice, but the dyscalculia and the whole left/right thing remain frustrating problems.  I am 53 years old.

0
0
shaniyahsutton
shaniyahsut... , Teacher writes:
How old are you ,...

if ypor grow or a teenager you should know your lefts and rights

0
0