Q:

Need information about school bus for daughter starting high school.

"My daughter was diagnosed with turner syndrome in Feb. She is about to start high school,which entails taking two buses to get there. I am scared to death, just thinking of her being alone out there in this very unsafe world. Is there someone who knows anything about busing for her?"

Asked by Zaida via email.
In Topics: School and Academics, Back to school, Special needs

|

Hello Zaida,

Have you tried contacting the local school or school district to see if they have transportation resources for students (particularly for special needs students)? If you don't have the school or district's phone number (and if located in the United States), you can use SchoolFinder to research that contact information: http://www.education.com/schoolfinder

In our area (in SF/Bay Area of California), there are also private organizations or non-profits that offer transportation services for children who need rides to school. I learned about one of these organizations at a city festival (they had a booth there), so you might contact your local city offices to see if they can refer you to such organizations in your area.

You might also see if there are other parents at the school who can transport your daughter when they take their children to and from the school. Contact the school's PTA president (the school can tell you who that is), to get help getting introduced to other parents at the high school.

I hope these suggestions are helpful to you. Below are some additional informational resources you may also find helpful. Good luck!

1
0
Anonymous