Mschic28
Mschic28 asks:
Q:

What information do I need for teaching Life Skills to adults?

I'm teaching Life Skills to adults with minor disabilties (can go out and work).  This is a new class they are starting.  Is there any information, lesson plans, projects I can use for adults at this level............
In Topics: Special needs

|
lkauffman writes:
You are doing very important work!

Here are a couple of resources that may be of value:

http://www.education.com/reference/lifeskills/

http://www.moneyinstructor.com/lifeskills.asp

1
0
lnirschel
lnirschel writes:
I am in the same position as you.  I'm upstarting a Life Skills program at a facility that provides production work for adults with disabilities but needs this program to fill "downtime" when there is no work, but also to benefit the consumers.  I ordered a workbook from Workshops, Inc.  a non profit themselves with the United Way.  It provides lessons and materials on everything from telephone skills to anger management.  It doesn't fill my entire curriculum, but is an amazing help and addition to my materials.  I attached other sites that I have found useful.

1
0
Ashley.Lowe
Ashley.Lowe writes:
I suggest the Life Skills and Character Education curriculum from Phillip Roy, Inc. or Phillip Roy Academy! It's great. I used it when I was a behavioral therapist with my special needs guys.

1
0
heenal
heenal writes:
u are doing good Job.
It is very nice thing
for help ask your mother and father and your adults for more help
good luck
heenal

1
0
njyca
njyca writes:
You may want to check Phillip Roy, Inc.  www.philliproy.com  please tell them that Cecelia Cathers sent you. It is very good material on teaching life skills. It has everything you need from lesson plans to CD's about each subject taught. I teach life skills in NJ and I use this all the time. Very easy to comprehend and to teach. Give it a try.

0
0
genermcmillan
genermcmillan writes:
First you study about the problems and physical challenges that facing in adults..Then make a proper way of approach..Good luck.

0
0