Aprilh74
Aprilh74 asks:
Q:

I am interested in hiring a private teacher to teach my 7th grade son.  Any thoughts on where to begin looking for someone and how you would hire them

My son has struggled in school since Kindergarten.  I have thought several times that I should hold him back a year, that we were just dealing with a maturity issue.  I was convinced everytime to let him go forward and that all of a sudden it would just click for him.  Well, it hasn't "clicked" and last year was his worst year finishing with almost all "d's" except in PE.  He has reading comprehension issues, that obviously affect everything he does.  We have tried everything from tutoring to Sylvan and he currently attends a private school.  He has a difficult time focusing or sitting still for any long period of time which adds to the issue. I know that I do not have the ability to homeschool him nor teach him comprehension, but I want to do what is best for him.  I believe if I can get him one on one with someone who focuses on strengthing his comprehension all the while teaching other mandatory subjects, plus teach good work habits and accountability.  He will have much greater success.  Thoughts...
In Topics: Homeschooling

|