kris1288
kris1288 asks:
Q:

when should you introduce the factor of the paternal father to a child when there's a step dad already in place?

i have a 3 yr old son whose father lives in another state. i am in a long term relationship with the father to my other two children. he accepts my first as his own he has been there from day one. he cut his umbilical cord and we thought he was his child but DNA testing showed we were wrong. he isn't his biological father and eventually his biological father wants to meet his son. the step dad doesn't want to tell him at all that he isn't his real dad but i want to introduce the factors to him early so he has a better understanding of what it means instead of waiting until he is of age and breaking it to him after years of lying. his biological father has his rights and his step dad doesn't want him to know any different from him being his real dad.
In Topics: Communicating with my child (The tough talks), Fatherhood

|

GreatParent
GreatParent writes:
The step father really has no rights here. If the step father really 'loves' the boy then he would want the child to know the truth. The sooner the better. The longer this lie goes on, the harder it will be on the child.

0
0