Anonymous
Q:

I need help on something involving potty training.

I can't get my two and a half year old to use the potty, she hasn't caught on to it yet! I take her to bathroom everytime I go and show her what it is for , but it is like she isn't understading it, I don't know how else to approach this? Can anybody help me with this I need some advice?
In Topics: Potty Training

|
ashita21
ashita21 , Student writes:
continue doing that and explaining to her wat it is for. gradually get her to sit on it with ur support so she begins to get the idea. it would take a while for her to associate the potty with wat she has to do there. let her take that time, while continuously giving this input.

2
0

There is a variety of information and advice in this info center on Education.com you may find helpful:

http://www.education.com/topic/potty-training/

If you're starting to prepare her for preschool, here's another related resource to check out:
http://www.education.com/topic/preschool-readiness/

Our daughter wasn't fully potty trained until she was three and a half -- have patience, keep trying, she'll get it eventually! Good luck!

1
0
Dr. Hillary
Dr. Hillary writes:
For a successful potty training to take place the following must happen first:

1. Your child needs to show interest in "the bathroom activities".  For example, when you go to the bathroom she should follow you.
2. Your child needs to be aware of a need to urinate or having a bowel movement BEFORE it takes place.
3. Your child needs to be able to sit quietly for 5-10 minutes.
4. Your child should be able to pull her pants up and down independently.

If all of the above conditions are met, schedule regular potty breaks throughout the day.  Let your child sit on the potty after meals, as the digestive system is most active at those times.  If a potty session is successful, praise your child!  If there is no success, make nothing out of it.  And last, but not least, if your child shows no interest is potty training, forget it for a week or two.  It's not worth it getting stressed out over the toilet training situation and creating a battle ground in the bathroom!

3
0