Ghie
Ghie asks:
Q:

How to get my daughter enrolled in junior high?

hi! i wanted to know what we need to enroll my daugther in junior high?does she needed to take exam?we are originally from philippines!
In Topics: Choosing a school, Back to school

|
Hi Ghie,

The best way to get your question answered is to contact the school or school district directly, and ask about their enrollment requirements.

If you don't already have the contact information for your child's school or school district, Education.com has a free resource you may find helpful. It's called SchoolFinder and you can access it here: http://www.education.com/schoolfinder/

Simply type in your city, state and/or zip code to review a listing of schools in your area.

I'm also including a few links below to some information about preparing your child for Back to School, including The Parent's Guide to Middle School. I hope you find these resources helpful to your family.

0
0
dmillerteach
dmillerteach , Child Professional, School Administrator, Teacher writes:
Hi Ghie,
The methods of enrollment depend a lot on which state you live in, but generally you will need to bring documents  showing proof of residence
    * Childâs birth certificate or passport
    * Childâs immunization records
    * Child's latest report card/transcript (if available)
    * Childâs Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available) to an enrollment office.

Note: This information may vary state-to-state. You can look on the department of education website for your site (google your state and deparment of education). In most states your daughter will attend her local school for middle school, but may have some school choice if her local school is not safe or is "under review", meaning it may be shut down. Your daughter may also have the opportunity to attend a CHARTER SCHOOL for free. In some states, attaining a scholarship to Catholic or private school may also be an option. Check out SchoolFinder.com for more information on schools in your area. The link from Education.com provides a wealth of information on the different types of schools, and tips on how to choose a school for your child.

If you have more questions, you can write me back with your state and I may be able to give you a more specific answer.

Best of luck!

0
0