CinAstashaTrust
CinAstashaT... asks:
Q:

my kid is having trouble with her math teacher?

1 OF MY 4 DAUGHTERS has a math teacher and shes really mean she told her she would beat her up if she made the school record fail on math test  well so i talked to her and she said that " she was kidding " but on that same day she told her that. I will kill you and your sisters if you ever ever evermake a F again. What should I do?
In Topics: Working with my child's teacher(s), Public School

|

I'm sorry to hear that your daughter has been up in this situation.  But I'm glad you are there to help.

First thing you need to do is contact the school administration, the principal is best in this situation.

When you speak to the principal be sure to have all your facts in place.  So I would sit down with your daughter(s) and develop a timeline.  Include what was said and where it was said.  From this point on you want to start a journal or log.  Keep track of events as time goes on.

After going over the facts, share your concerns for your daughter, such as not understanding sarcasm or strange sense of humor.  Express any concerns of your daughter not feeling safe at school as well as the teacher using bullying tactics to get your daughter to preform better.

Once you have started the facts and shared your concerns ask the principal some questions such as:
How do you plan to handle this situation with your daughter's teacher?
What is the bullying policy at the school?
How is he/she going to project your daughter?
What steps will be taken to assure that the teacher's behavior is going to stop?

Prepare your list of questions ahead of time.  Have the list handy as well as some blank pieces of paper so you can jot down responses and additional questions as they come up.

Also, talk to other parents who have children in that class.  See if they are hearing the same thing.  If they are, then you have power in numbers.  If not, they you need to talk a closer look at your daughters side of the story.  There could be more to the story than meets the eyes.

I am glad that your daughter feels comfortable enough to talk with you.  Keeping the lines of communication open is very important.  Your daughter needs to know that she has you on her side.

Good luck,

Barb K
www.LessonPop.com

0
0