Anonymous asks:

What do we need for our kids to enter a high school if we dont live in the U.S.?

we are us citizen but we dont live in the us
In Topics: Back to school
> 60 days ago



Allyn Anderson
Apr 9, 2010
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

Typically a person needs all the current academic records from the school a child is currectly attending. This would include current classes and grades; previous grades and courses; testing records; cumulative records, if possible; special education records (if relevant). Critical information needed includes an official copy of your child's birth certificate and a local address (envelope mailed to you to show your current address).

Don't hesitate to email schools directly for their local enrollment procedures.

Did you find this answer useful?

Additional Answers (1)

dgraab , Parent writes:
Hi, Are you asking how your kids can be enrolled in a U.S. high school if you aren't U.S. residents, or how your kids can enroll in a high school in your current location outside the U.S.?

If the former: I suggest contacting the school district for the high school you wish to enroll your child. Find out their specific policies and procedures for school enrollment, as these vary across districts and states. You can use SchoolFinder to research the contact information for U.S. high schools and their school districts: I would narrow your search by focusing on the districts near the residence where your children would be living while attending the U.S. school.

If you intend for your children to attend school online from your current location, contact K12 to learn more about their virtual school options for U.S. students living abroad:

If you are asking about enrolling your children in schools outside the U.S.: I suggest contacting the U.S. consulate for that country/region, and follow their advice for U.S. citizens seeking to educate their high school-age children in that country. Alternatively, you could contact the local education agency within your current country's government, and/or talk to other U.S. expats with children living and schooling there.

I hope this helps.
> 60 days ago

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely