laluna
laluna asks:
Q:

My kids had nasal mist of Flu vaccine and nasal mist of H1N1 24 days apart. Is that ok, or will one of the mists not be effective?

My kids (11 and 16 y.o) had seasonal flu nasal mist from their peds last Oct 1, 09.  Then last Oct. 24 the dept. of health in Torrance gave away H1N1 vaccines for free, But unfortunately by the time we got to the volunteer they only have it available in nasal spray. I just found out today in one of your Q's n A's that it has to be 28-30 days apart if its both nasal spray.  Will both be effective or or one of them will need to be repeated ???
In Topics: H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)

|

Great question.  Based on the testing, 28-30 days separation of two nasal mist vaccines is recommended.  However, no one can be sure that 24 days or less is effective too.  Based on their ages, probably neither will need repeating.  I would check with your pediatrician and ask the question to her/him.  They know your family the best.

1
0