Anonymous
Q:

I need help. My kids have started to get bad grades and they're hiding their grades from me. I've lost their self confidence in learning. Help please.

Hello I have twins, boy and a girl in 6th grade all these years they've both been honor students, this year their grades are becoming B's and C's, they promise their going to do better but it's not the same, it seems like their also suprised about their grades or just acting I don't know, they don'y seem to be excited about learning and not inproving, could you help please        
In Topics: Motivation and achievement at school, Helping my child with school work and home work, Parenting multiples

|
ronald
ronald writes:
I suggest you start by having an in-person meeting with their teacher. It is important to include each child separately as a part of the conference. By having the child participate in the conference with the teacher, you minimize the "casting of blame". There are many possible reasons for the grade decline, but it is hard to know without this conference.

Ron

0
1
jaz1999
jaz1999 writes:
mabe they are bord of studie and they are hiding there test because they don't wan't to get hit or get you mad

1
3
ktaurus98
ktaurus98 writes:
I have the same problem. My freshman is getting D's and F's and it's all because he just won't do the work. Now my 6th grader is learning his habits. The main problem is that there isn't anyone trying to make them do the work but me. Then there's the fact that I can't find out what work they are supposed to be doing from the school. If my student doesn't tell me what the work is I can't find out. The only thing the school will do is make the student carry a sheet to the teachers and make them sign it. This lasts for a few days then back to the same ole routine. Sorry to tell you this is only the beginning.

0
1
CarlySarah
CarlySarah writes:
Talk to the teachers at the school to see how they are going and if they are going bad then it's their fult if they don't try to get good grades. Sit them down and talk to them. Hopefully they will talk about it to you :D Good luck

0
1
silverkitty
silverkitty , Student writes:
I would talk to them. Perhaps something is bothering them. perhaps they are just ashamed. When you do talk to them do NOT yell at them. Do not say you are disappointed either. Whenever my mom said this to me it always made me feel like I should keep it to myself. I would just ask them if there is something on their minds and ask them why they think their grades are dropping. I would also meet with the teachers to talk about how they can improve their grades. You could also ask the teacher if they can retake any tests they mess up on to raise their grades a bit. hope this helped some.

0
1
daceymathers
daceymathers writes:
I think you should talk to their teachers and ask them about their performance in class and tell them to concentrate on your kids,and you should also track their performance.Everyday check their notebooks and also prepare them for their class test.Behave strictly with them then will definitely do their studies seriously.

1
1
Anonymous