crystal09
crystal09 asks:
Q:

about kindegarten

my daughter born in the 2007,rights know her go to school in preschool bilingual seit because have the prolem speech delay.her already go 2 years in bilingual school.

but in januari 2012 her preschool finish,can her go to kindegarten no needed waiting until sept 2012??coz i'm dont want her waiting so long and can go school.coz i dont have time too.because in home have 2 sibling still small too.

i hope somebody can give me answer ..
In Topics: Kindergarten readiness

|

Hi crystal,

I think it would be really difficult for a child to start Kindergarten in the middle of the year (January).  They learn so much in the first months of school (both socially and academically).  I think your daughter would feel really behind and uncomfortable if she was in a class of kids who had a routine and skills that she didn't have.  She might end up feeling overwhelmed.  A big goal of kindergarten is helping kids develop a love of school and I don't think that would happen for a child who starts mid stream.

It's odd to me that her preschool operates on a calendar year instead of an academic calendar.  Could you speak with the teachers there to get their ideas?  If everyone is in the same position you are, they must have suggestions for what to do with your child from January - Sept.

0
0