lizbeth0479
lizbeth0479 asks:
Q:

Kindergarten Assistance

My child just started kindergarten, it's been 8 days and it seems the teacher has written her off because she requires too much assistance and isn't at the level of some of the other kids. My husband is completely done with this teacher. She has apparently had my child analyzed without our knowledge and told us she doesn't think this is the right environment for her and her presence there is a waste of her time. We are enrolling her in Sylvan for extra help but I'm not comfortable putting my daughter in a school that has written her off. The school has scheduled a meeting with me on Monday, and I'm trying to go in with a level head as to not be "that parent". We can't afford private school, so what are our options? Has anyone else had this situation occur?I believe they are trying to kick her out of kindergarten.
In Topics: Kindergarten readiness, Working with my child's teacher(s), Working with school administrators

|
Anonymous