CleverMom
CleverMom asks:
Q:

Kindergarten blues?

Hello,  My daughter started kindergarten this fall.  There is a lot more they cover in school now that I remember having to do.  5 days a week she is in school and we do homework every night.  When we do school work with our child, she is pretty competent with her sight words, math skills, reading & writing.  However whenever we have parent-teacher conferences, her teacher is always writing "does not meet expectation".  I have let this slide twice so far, since my child just started kindergarten.  But its getting to a point, that we feel this teacher is being picky.

Our most concern is that this teacher keeps giving "sad faces" for little things such as talking/not finishing work.  Which I have a hard time understanding since I volunteer once or twice a week in her classroom and see how my child and the other students behave.  Also, recently, my child has been telling us that her teacher yells every now and again, is that allowed?  My daughter has also come on on more than a few occasions telling us that "My teacher is having a headache today because we are stressing her out".  WHAT?    

I'm at the end of my wits and do not know how to approach this teacher.  We've always been nice and helpful to this teacher, but i'm starting to feel that she is not a good fit for our child.  Please help, i'm reluctant to approach her with my concerns because I'm afraid that she will make it harder on my child.
In Topics: School and Academics, Depression

|
Anonymous