chrispa
chrispa asks:
Q:

Kindergarten classmate threatened to shoot my son during lunch.

The actual threat was, "I am going to get my big brother to get a real gun and shoot you with real bullets." After the threat my son told a teacher's aid and her reply was,"Don't worry she does not have a big brother." My son was not consoled by this and went into art class and began to cry. The art teacher noticed and pulled him aside, heard what had taken place and told him she would tell his teacher and the principal. He then went on the rest of his day in fear. Finally his primary teacher was told and her response to him was that he can no longer play army man or cops and robbers at school!? I, his mother, was finally told by his primary teacher in a 30 second rendition of what happened at the end of the school day, where again he was told that he cannot play army man or police at school. The girl was told that what she said was mean and that was it. My son was then also brought into the principal's office AFTER we went to speak with the principal about how poorly we feel this was handled. My son was once again told not to play army man or police. My son is wondering why he has been treated like he did something wrong when he was the one threatened during lunch, not playing any games. He is also afraid to go to school now. I am beside myself, the principal, the teachers, all seem to think this was no big deal and have been stonewalling us ever since. My son is afraid of this girl now and questioning the logic of the principal, the teachers and the aid. Frankly so am I.
In Topics: Working with school administrators, School safety (not bullying), Bullying and teasing

|

You have taken the appropriate action. It may be that the administrator cannot discuss interventions with another student, so you may not know all of the situation.  Since the army/police thing has been brought up several times, there may have been the perception that both of the children had a part in the conflict. Ask the school administrator about anti-bullying interventions. If the problem persists, what are the consequences for the other child?

Talk to the school counselor about your son's fear and uneasiness.  Reassure him that when he is threatened, he needs to report it.

5
0

Apolonia54321
Apolonia54321 writes:
You should call the police.

0
0
MelissaBloux
MelissaBloux writes:
I feel your pain! My son was told not to play super hero anymore. After talking with teachers and the principal and district and not getting any help or protection i decided to home school him.  I recommend it!

0
0
Anonymous