lcm5479
lcm5479 asks:
Q:

Where can I get my kindergartner assessed?

I want to have our kindergartner independently academically assessed. Where can I go to get this done besides his school? I don't think his school is doing enough for him academically and want to see for myself.

|

You must be very concerned about your son's lack of progress. Learning I different for each child and sometimes there will be a slow period and other times a burst of learning. Be patient. Talk to the school counselor for your son.

If there are indications that your son is behind in learning for his age, the school district will monitor and periodically review his progress.

Consider tutoring outside of the school. Sometimes individual attention by someone will help the child surge forward.

You may consider taking your child to a child psychologist who specializes in learning problems. However, a comprehensive exam is very expensive.

0
0