GoGreen!
GoGreen! asks:
Q:

Is using laptops in school good or bad?

please explain your answer.
In Topics: Technology and my child

|

JeanneBrockmyer

Technology is here to stay.  Laptops are part of everyday life now.  Of course their use should be appropriate and enhance learning, not detract from it.  Teachers will need to be on their toes and monitor what students are actually doing.  Schools will need to block out inappropriate content on their intranets.  But this can all be done.

1
0

lisamariemary
lisamariemary , Parent writes:
I think it's great! Computers are becoming such an integral part of our society and of just about every job out there.  It is a great way to help the kids really learn all about them and to do research!

1
0
limsiokhwa
limsiokhwa writes:
Hello!
If the choice is optionally i would pick the answer as "No." Reason is you would be unable to monitor or keep an eye on what your child is surfing in the net.

0
0
12arneym
12arneym writes:
i think it will be good, we would get a lot of things done in class.

0
0
Susej
Susej writes:
Cirros, in general i agree with you, but they are used for work a lot more than you make out, as long as you have a dedicated teacher. As for using it at home, some people don't have computers, so they have to use it at home.
Also you never said what your school was selective for, so for all we know you COULD be a "dumbass in some bogan town" as you put it

0
0
Ciros27
Ciros27 writes:
Suse I'm glad you agree with me "generally" :)

Also although laptops are helpful to those without a computer, in my lifetime I've none only a couple of school kids who dont have one. As for being a dumbass, well our school isn't the smartest high school but its a fair notch above most other public schools. putting alot in capitals was pretty arrogant o me, but once I start a rant I do get a bit ahead of myself.

And yes I do Live in a bogan town, but the town the school isn't so bad... can you really name an entire town that HASN'T got that tinge of boganness??? Well either I've never heard of it or none of us are looking properly

0
0