ratchet
ratchet asks:
Q:

Can I late enroll my kids in October? They will arrive late September in the US.

In Topics: School and Academics, Back to school

|
pigtoria
pigtoria writes:
Hi Ratchet....

You can always try to enroll your children for school when they get here in October.  Keep in mind that the school they go to might not be your top choice or neighborhood school.  With late enrollment, children are usually sent to a school that still has spaces available.  Good luck with the enrollment process.  

Vicki

0
0
Louiseasl , Child Professional writes:
Hello!

It is federal law in the United States that any child who can prove residency within a certain school district be allowed to register in the local school.  Be sure to bring documentation of your place of residence, health records and any previous school records to make the processing in to a new school easier.

Good luck and welcome!

0
0
ratchet
ratchet writes:
Hi pigtoria and louiseasl,

Thank you very much! I have yet to find a place during that time and hopefully I get my kids into a school they will like. Its good to know that this is possible.

Regards,

0
0