leahI
leahI asks:
Q:

Isn't there a law stating you can not fail a child in kindergarten?

My child was in  kindergarten this year. From day one we have had trouble with his teacher. We asked to have him moved from her class and were denied. We asked his teacher if there was a way to get his speech tested and she said it was a problem with him not paying attention, nothing else. Now she and the principle backing her says that he does not know certain benchmarks to pass. His report card and daily work i do with him say otherwise. This is not fair to my child and I am not willing ot sit by and do nothing. I was told that a law was passed saying that if the parent does not agree in K then the school can not hold them back. Is this the case?
In Topics: School and Academics, My Relationship with my child's school, State education standards

|

ronald
ronald writes:
LeahI,

Laws about grade retention vary by state, and sometimes by districts. You need to call the district office to find out the retention laws for your child's school district.

Ron

0
0