Q:

How do I learn Spanish as a second language?

Asked by Johnnie via email:

I would like to learn spanish as a second language. i took french in school I failed it because i did not understand it or know jhow to master the language ans i am afraid to try spanish but maybe you can show me how and help me overcome my fears please contact me as to how i can began this study and let me know if i have to pay for the course if this is not a school
In Topics: Learning a second language

|

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk,

BRAVO for wanting to learn a second language. I know that many people wish to dive in to learning Spanish (or another language) but have limited financial resources or time.

May I suggest:

1- Borrowing a language series, such as Rosetta Stone or Berlitz from the library.
2- Using Youtube and looking for Spanish beginning courses online
3. Renting children's DVDs in Spanish with captioning to help with reading skills.
4. Reading children's books in Spanish of familiar stories, such as Good Night Moon in Spanish.

Good Luck!  ¡Buena Suerte!

Louise Sattler, NCSP
Owner of Signing Families™
http://www.signingfamilies.com

1
0

alanalarue
alanalarue writes:
Hey.  I wanted to let you know about Webspanish.com, which is an online Spanish school that can provide you with one-to-one live Spanish classes over the net. You can use the teacher to support your own self-directed program - like a private tutor - or you can follow their own program to learn Spanish from start to finish. Hope I helped!

0
0
estrenger
estrenger , Teacher writes:
I always wanted to learn spanish, but had a really hard time learning a new language. I just figured that some people had a gift for learning languages...and I wasn't one of them.

Then a few years ago I had the opportunity to live in Argentina for 2 years. Now I speak spanish fluently.

I've made a spanish website with all my notes, along with common mistakes made by english speakers, popular expressions, explainations of spanish verbs, videos, translations of spanish songs and just about everything else that i used to help me learn.

Maybe it will help you as a reference...or atleast give you somewhere to start (for free). Good luck!

0
0
Bunda
Bunda writes:
In my country, Indonesia, we have a national language & many local languages or vernacular as a mother tongue.

So... we use national language to communicate as everyday conversation in public and vernacular / local language / foreign language as a second language.

If you had a problem with second language, you could do...
1. someone who support you to learn
2. environment would support you to learn
3. stay away from someone / environment which would make something that will ruin you
4. learn from simple things
5. learn from the things around you

hope, may be useful

0
0