Anonymous
Q:

How can I learn how to speak and write Spanish fluently at home?

I'd love to learn a fourth language and I can't take online lessons because they are too expensive. And my area or school does not teach Spanish. A good website will be very helpful.
In Topics: Homeschooling, Learning a second language

|

I "second" the response below and suggest a trip to the local library.  Also, they may have a database which would include free or inexpensive online learning for Spanish.

In addition, consider taking out children's videos that are captioned and voiced in Spanish.

Louise Sattler
Owner of Signing Families
http://www.SigningFamilies.com
ASL-English-Spanish materials

2
0

BigSis
BigSis writes:
That sounds great! Kudos to you for wanting to learn a fourth language :)

The two resources that I can think of are Mango Languages and Rosetta Stone. You can access them both from home and are supposed to be pretty effective.

Mango languages has a partnership with libraries, you might want to visit your local library (or your library's website) for more information.

The first two links are for Mango Languages, their homepage and library page. The last site is for more information on Rosetta Stone.

P.S. They also have Rosetta Stone available for a lower price on Amazon.com, the link is also below.

2
0
famzamora
famzamora writes:
I think the best way to learn a language is to immerse yourself in it. Listen Spanish radio stations in the Internet,If you find a tune that you particularly like, look for the lyrics and try to follow along. Go to your public library and Check out some movies in Spanish and use the captions while you watch it. And don't forget to practice, practice, practice.
I know it sounds silly but it is the cheapest and easier way to learn any language. I am proof that it works.

0
0
Anonymous