bosbos
bosbos asks:
Q:

I think I have some learning disabilities, can I complete my high education and go to college with a 105 IQ?

I managed to finish high school and went to university, but since then I feel I have difficulties proceeding tasks. I just finished 27 credit hours in three years. I withdrew this semester and would like to find another way out to complete college and high education. Please note that I recently scored 105 in an IQ test. Does this mean something?
In Topics: School and Academics, Learning issues and special needs, Getting ready for college

|

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk.

It seems that you are seeking information about intelligence testing which you can find here.  In essence, a score of 105 is very much average.

http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/IQBasics.aspx
http://learningdisabilities.about.com/od/glossar1/a/intelligencetes.htm

If you have difficulty with focusing, organizing or completing tasks then you may find this section here on Education.com helpful.  

Good luck and please consider talking to counselors at local colleges to help provide you with assistance.

0
0

struggling
struggling writes:
The Wechsler Intelligence Scale classifies an IQ Score of 105 as normal and average intelligence. If you scored 105 on an IQ test, congratulations, you scored better than 63.1% of the general population!

http://www.kids-iq-tests.com/iqscores/105.html

This site may help you with any other questions you have. In fact...that score is even higher than President Busch's IQ.

0
0
susie_w
susie_w writes:
I think you can be successful in college, but is college the answer to what you want to do in life?  There are some schools that are very supportive of students with learning disabilities and offer services to help you succeed.  I would suggest you look for some of these schools and schedule a meeting with a college advisor who can help you get on track.  You have normal intelligence, but sometimes learning disabilities make learning more difficult.  Set your goals and work to achieve them.

0
0
CBrimmer
CBrimmer writes:
The average for IQ is only 100 so don't feel bad about yourself. Belief in yourself is your best asset. If you think you can then you can! You may do better in a more hands on or technical school, play to your strengths. If you like helping others, then take a look at nursing, like building models? try mechanics. A good adviser will be able to give you more examples and even an aptitude test. There are also schools that split your time between practical hands on classes and traditional sit and take notes classes. Try for a mix to keep yourself active and find your learning style, are you visual or auditory? Patience and determination will get you much farther than a high IQ and even those with high IQs have issues. Trust me I'm on the high end of the spectrum and due to that my mind makes connections so quickly in so many directions that it is hard for me to grasp new concepts due to not being able to focus on the main idea rather than the offshoots. I have learned that very detailed work is best for me, it sounds to me by what you wrote that you need to be hands on. Everyone is different, don't let anyone tell you that you can't!

0
0
galeprol
galeprol writes:
Get with a tutor with a background in special needs, ADHD, College Transition, etc.  Look at the website LinkedIN for professionals who are Special Needs or ADHD qualified.  See my friend Joan Zimmerman Azarva there and visit the Facebook page Conquer College with LD/ADD (Joan's Business page).  Tell her your situation and ask her for direction.  I believe she could coach you well online if you are not in her area.  Best of luck.  You can make it happen!

0
0
Anonymous