103cam
103cam asks:
Q:

I'm looking for a school in or near Modesto, CA where my son can learn to read and write in Spanish.

Is there an elementary school in Modesto, CA that teach Spanish classes to student?
In Topics: Learning a second language

|

MTrejo

First, let me congratulate you for your interest in having your child learn or maintain another language.  There are many academic and social advantages to being bilingual or multilingual in this world.
Every school district has an administrator that is in charge of "foreign languages, Services for English learners, Bilingual programs, or Categorical programs".  My advise would be to call Modesto Unified School District and ask for the office and person in charge.  They will be able to tell you what is available in the school district.  If they do not offer classes to learn Spanish, another possibility would be to hire a private tutor - such as a high school student or college student who are Spanish native speakers or majors.  You can also think about a community college, or private schools.
Thank you and good luck.

0
0

jritchie
jritchie writes:

Thank you for your question. You can begin your search by using our SchoolFinder tool which you can use to research schools in your area. The contact information for each school is listed as well so you can begin contacting schools directly to find out about the special programs they offer. I've included a link to SchoolFinder below.

1
0
pdeducation
pdeducation writes:
There's a vocational college in Modesto offering Spanish classes using an online e-classroom that works pretty well. Here's the link I found below.
The price is great and there doesn't seem to be an age limit on who can take the program. The class throws in some games and interraction so it makes it fun as well as educational.

0
0