Noory
Noory asks:
Q:

Is not letting a kid go to use the lavatory a good punishment for kids that have behave bad?

|

Elimination, just like eating and sleeping, is a basic human need necessary for healthy body function.  Therefore, withholding bathroom privileges is not acceptable, and by some may be considered a form of abuse.  In addition, it can be very uncomfortable and lead to health issues.

Suggested reading:

Practicing healthy discipline

http://www.pluggedinparents.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=172&Itemid=0

1
0

Hi Noory,

In my opinion, that is a bad form of punishment. It could lead to extreme embarrassment for kids, or worse, serious health problems.

If used correctly, I think time-outs or color cards (switching cards from green to yellow and then red for breaking rules) can be much more effective.

Below, I'm adding an article on forms of punishment to the Resources section. Hope this helps!

Alex

0
0