missypooh4u
missypooh4u , Parent asks:
Q:

does a lima bean grow taller in sand,dirt,or water

it is a lima bean that you eat but she has a a science project to do of does a lima bean grow taller in sand,dirt,or water
In Topics: Science fair

|
denisemundo

Best Answer!

I, too, have not tried to grow beans hydroponically, but they are very hearty, and I would think that they would do just as well in earth or water. I am currently growing fava beans in my backyard, in a mixture of organic soil and organic fertilizer, and they are growing tall and strong very quickly!

Beans are often planted in the winter as they add many nutrients to the soil, and thus work well as a cover crop. Often times, people don't even harvest the beans but turn them over to enrich the soil until spring comes along and the bed is ready for planting anew.

There are many resources on the Internet for growing plants and vegetables in many kinds of environments.
1
2

Bean
Bean writes:
I've never done any hydroponics, so I'm not sure about the water. My guess would be dirt, though -- because a plant needs both nutrition and moisture to grow.

0
2