wonder
wonder asks:
Q:

How to limit time a child spends in front of TV?

In Topics: Children and screen entertainment (TV & movies)

|

JeanneBrockmyer

The family needs to develop a culture that puts interaction between family members before interaction between one member and any electronic media, not just television.  As some other responders suggest, providing an alternate group activity is one strategy.  Another might be making some individual activities like books and magazines easily available; let your child choose a magazine to subscribe to or a book from the library.  Parents have the right and the responsibility to shape their child's media experiences.  If parents demonstrate good choices in their own media consumption, children will be influenced!

Jeanne H. Brockmyer, Ph. D. clinical child psychologist and Expert Panelist

0
0

We struggle with this issue with our daughter too. Here are some of the resources I've found helpful:  

Twelve Tips To Tame The Tube
http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_Twelve_Tips_Tame/

Education.com's info center, Television - Monitor Exposure
http://www.education.com/topic/children-television-exposure/

Good luck - I hope you are successful in reducing TV time for your child.

0
0
eliad
eliad , Parent writes:
We use it as a reward and don't let the kids take it for granted. if they misbehave or don't do their chords, there is no show. We also make sure to provide alternatives such as play together, a play date with friends or other outdoor activities.

1
0
alinac
alinac writes:
I shot it off and turn on my iPod and we have a crazy dance party. We to limbo and chicken dance as well as other dances. This way I get my kids to listen to different music from country and kids songs to rock.

2
0
alinac
alinac writes:
All you really need is a little of imagination

0
1