canpanita
canpanita asks:
Q:

what can i do about my lips turning blue/purple?

i have a heart disease called ventricular septal defect and patent ductus arteriosus. please help!!!!
In Topics: Physical Health

|
FamilyChallenge

Best Answer!

Do you see a cardiologist often?  Have you had open heart surgery?  My daughter has heart problems and had surgery when she was 4 and she is now 28.  Since she was a newborn we had a list of symptoms to look out for and one was her lips turning blue.  If this happened we were to take her directly to the doctors.  We also had to watch out for her fingers and toes turning blue.  The only thing I can suggest is talking to your doctor.  They need to know how often it is happening and if you are having any other symptoms when this happens.  I suggest you don't drive yourself and to have someone go with you.  Take Care!

1
0

Hi Canpanita,

I'm not familiar with your diagnosis, but do know that blue lips is usually caused by lack of oxygen.  I left a link below to better explain this condition, please talk about this to be sure that your doctor is aware that your lips are turning blue as he/she may need to change your medical care.  If you have blue lips along with any other symptoms, you should get immediate medical attention.  Please do not overlook this warning sign!

Best Wishes & Good Health To You!

2
0