supermom25
supermom25 asks:
Q:

I live in Philadelphia. Is my child allowed to attend a school outside of our zip code?

I live in a bad neighborhood and unfortunately I am unable to move for the time being. I am not to fond of the school my child attends. She only goes there because its close to home and convenient for me since I'm disabled.

Since she has started going to that school she has picked up a lot of bad habits and behaviors. Up until my kids go to sleep my house is PG13. So just about everyday I find myself saying "I did not raise her to act like that or be this way". I must admit the children she attends school with are bad influences.

For example, my daughter has begun cursing and bullying, something I definitely have a no tolerance policy for. What's sad is that she's only in first grade and I know she does these things to fit in since its hard for her to make friends.

She's really beginning to live up to the saying "If you can't beat them, join them". So, would she be allowed to attend another school in a different zip code and be bused to and from school?
In Topics: Choosing a school

|