deman1
deman1 asks:
Q:

How long does it take to get a child into a pre-school program, who has special needs and the parent is on a low income?

In Topics: Preparing my child for preschool, Special needs

|

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk-

Each state varies with how to begin the process for special education students.  My best suggestion would be to call your local public school district main office. Ask to speak with the Department of Early Childhood Education (it may be called something else so just tell them you have a preschooler).  Then ask them specifically your questions.  Special education is FREE if a child qualifies.  Also, the time line should not be excessive.

I am hopeful that someone will be able to give to you the information you need specific to your region.

Louise Sattler, NCSP
Owner of Signing Families™

0
0

DeeDee69
DeeDee69 writes:
my son is a special needs student and in Indiana he was to be in school at 3 yrs old, he is now 4 in pre K and he goes free of charge Because hes special.

1
0
codylane
codylane writes:
we are from alabama,i have an 3 year old i would like to know how soon can we get her sighned up and where?

0
0
Anonymous