Van007
Van007 asks:
Q:

I lost ambition and interest in studies .

I am in high school.In 9th grade I did my best! I mean I worked all day and night to get good grades but I feel as I go in Higher classes I am reluctant to study.I want to become someone in life,be independent but when it comes to study either I dont do it or after an hour or so I get bored.I know it's not my subjects,they are easy I understand them..but I have a hard time to study!!!
In Topics: School and Academics, Motivation and achievement at school

|

Hello and thank you for writing to us here at JustAsk!

First, kudos to you for recognizing that you are having difficulties with focusing on your studies. This is not uncommon for teenagers as your emotional brain may be interfering with your intellectual brain.

To help keep attentive to your studies try setting short goals -such as "I will study for 45 minutes then go for a 15 minute walk".

Try to reduce distractions such as turning off social-media on your computer, leaving your cell phone OFF and being away from others who may interfere with your studies.

Use fun techniques to study such as changing up the font on your computer, the use of different colored pens to write or listening to soothing music that is not distracting.

There are many great books written for teens. TOO STRESSED TO THINK by Annie Fox may be a great start to help get you back on track!

Louise Sattler, Psychologist

0
0