canpanita
canpanita asks:
Q:

Where can I get a lotion or something for the stretchmarks?

In Topics: Physical Health

|

Stretch marks are caused by rapid weight gain when the skin stretches a lot in a short amount of time. The best approach is to improve lifestyle to promote slow weight loss while moisturizing the marks with coco butter or vitamin E oil.

Best regards
1
0

Best Answer!

Hi Canpanita,

I will swear by Palmer's Cocoa Butter.  I used it daily while pregnant (both times) as a preventative measure and the results were excellent-I have no stretchmarks.  It is as though this lotion increased the elasticity of my skin to prevent marks and after delivery, I used a firming lotion which seemed to help tighten my skin back.

Also, Mederma is an excellent lotion for scars and over time will decrease the appearance of scars so I imagine that it will work well for stretch marks too.

For daily skin care, I love Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Lotion and Vaseline Cocoa Butter Vitalizing Gel Body Oil-nice for legs in summer.  I also use Vaseline Petroleum Jelly with Cocoa Butter on my lips.  This stuff is great!

Use the links I listed below for the exact product information.  I was not able to insert a resource website but I included them here because it will give you information on the firming lotion and the Vaseline products.  The others will give you information about Palmers and Mederma.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=2107/Skin_Firming_Lotion/Nivea/Lotions/_Creams

http://www.vaseline.com/Carousel.aspx?Path=Consumer/OurProducts/CocoaButterRange

1
0

adamba
adamba writes:
Hi

The perfect solution to the stretch marks problem is using gels,creams that helps in increasing the elasticity of the skin, while decreasing the scars

1
0
john18967
john18967 writes:
Love love love this stuff. I am currently training for a bikini competition and developed some loose skin from fat reduction around my mid-section and a ton of stretchmarks from two pregnancies. The cream increased skin firmness and decreased the appearance of my stretchmarks. Along with this product I used bio oil and a derma roller. This cream makes my skin so soft its a great addition to my beauty regimine! I added a photo of myself these are my results after 3 weeks of use. They did not prompt this review!!
I am absolutely satisfied with the results.. i have beem using it for two and a half months and i can already see my stretch marks going away!
The best thing is that a little lotion goes a long way. I use it at night and in the mornings some times during the day. I would. Definitely recommend
I am very picky with these types of products, and must say that I am very pleased with this stretch mark cream. It has a great consistency, absorbs easily, all good ingredients and a great scent.
My constructive feedback would be that I have used it very quickly and it is almost gone, just following the directions. A larger size would be great. Also, my biggest reservation is that I try to avoid plastic packaging. Offering this in a non-plastic, or at least BPA free packaging would be a big plus. I have given this feedback to the company and received a quick response that they are also exploring these options. Great customer service!

0
0